The Cadillac User Experience (CUE) system is a highly advanced, in-car entertainment system from Cadillac that consists of onscreen navigation, weather forecasts, satellite radio, climate control, and more. The article outlines how you can unlock your CUE system to enable text messaging, navigation in motion, video in motion, and more.
By unlocking your CUE system, you will enable the following features:
- Welcome Sound: Enable a welcome sound to play whenever the CUE intro animation displays.
- Text Messaging: Receive and send (phone dependent) text message alerts. You can even have the messages read aloud to you.
- Navigation Entry In-Motion: Enter destination addresses even when the car is in motion.
- Video on the CUE Screen: Enable video to play on the CUE screen
- Video In-Motion: Play, pause, stop, rewind, fast forward, and change video (from SD, DVD/Bluray if equipped, etc) even when the car is in motion.
- Front SD Slot Video: Play video files from the front SD card reader.
- Additional Video Format Support: Play video files encoded in DIVX format.
Skip to the bottom of the article to learn how to unlock your CUE system.
The CUE Unlock enables a welcome sound to play whenever the CUE intro animation displays. This welcome sound helps create a special atmosphere, drawing attention to the CUE system and recognizing its uniqueness. For some reason Cadillac chose to provide this feature on the ATS model and hide it for all others. This unlock enables the welcome sound for ALL models and adds a menu item allowing you to enable/disable the welcome sound as well as control the welcome sound’s playback volume.
The CUE Unlock allows you to receive text message alerts (even have them read to you aloud) as well as send replies (phone dependent). This is an absolute must for anyone who wants an easy way to get text messages while driving (especially if you store your phone in the hidden compartment behind the CUE screen and can’t tell when a text message comes in). Cadillac chose to hide this feature on all models (perhaps they plan to enable this with a future update). This unlock also adds a new icon where you can view text messages as they come in as well as some menu options to control text alerting.
Navigation Entry In-Motion
The CUE Unlock allows you to enter destination addresses even when the car is in motion. This is great when you’re on the go and have to change course, enabling your passenger to enter an address without stopping the car. Cadillac chose to disable address entry unless the car is stopped or below a very low MPH). This unlock simply removes that limitation and annoying warning messages (like the CUE Navigation Warning).
Video on the CUE Screen
The CUE Unlock allows you to play video directly on the CUE screen. This is critical for those of us without rear entertainment displays (or those who simply want to entertain front passengers). Cadillac chose to disable video playback from the CUE screen for driver safety. This unlock allows you to play videos through the home screen “Video” icon (for DVD equipped vehicles) or through the Audio | Browse | More | Videos button.
The CUE Unlock allows you to play, pause, stop, rewind, fast forward, and change video (from SD, DVD/Bluray if equipped, etc) even when the car is in motion. Cadillac chose to disable video playback when the car is in motion for driver safety.
Front SD Slot Video
The CUE Unlock allows you to play video files from the front SD card reader. An SD card provides a small, easy way to store and continually change a lot of media (as opposed to CD’s, DVD’s, or even USB key’s). Cadillac chose to disable video playback from the front SD card reader (even if the car is in park).
Additional Video Format Support
The CUE Unlock allows you to play video files encoded in DIVX format.
How to Unlock
The unlocking process is relatively simple:
- Contact the guys at MVI Inc. for pricing and availability
- Fill out the order forms and make payment
- Wait for your new unlocked module to arrive in the mail
- Swap your module and mail it back to MVI Inc.
My experience with MVI was quite smooth. They answered all my questions and concerns and got me up and running rather quickly and easily.
UNLOCK YOUR CUE TODAY AT WWW.GM-NAVIGATION.COM